Your home away from home
10 Minutes away from the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital
Considering doing your trauma elective at Baragwanath Hospital? Then Baragwanath House is the place to stay especially as you already know that you will be required to do 24 hour shifts, making our location convenient and safe as we are close to the hospital. We are situated in Mondeor which is the first suburb outside of Soweto. Our family has owned and lived in this house for more than 25 years. My wife and I bought the house in February 2013 and we opened the house to students in March 2014. We have enjoyed every moment of it and love meeting young dynamic people from all over the world!
Since March 2014 to March 2016 we have hosted over 100 students who have thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us. (Please read the reviews to see what they got up to during their stay)
There are 8 big private bed rooms Available
Each room consists of the following:
- Mostly double beds, some singles if sharing a room.
- Bedside table and lamp.
- Lots of cupboard space.
- A safe big enough to put a laptop in.
- Towel rack with towel.
The following are communal areas:
- 1 large living room with TV, lots of seating and fire place
- 1 large games room with bar and pool table
- Large kitchen with 6 plate gas stove / oven, microwave and 2 fridges
- Outside courtyard / seating area (under cover)
- Outside seating area with braai facilities
- 3 showers
- 4 toilets
- Big solar heated swimming pool
- Big outside undercover entertainment area with gas braai
- Washing machine and spacious clothes line
Other things we can help organize to make your elective as easy and enjoyable as possible:
- Car rental, we have cars that are ready and waiting for you. Everyone in the house shares the cost and drives around together.
- Airport collection
- Don’t worry about scrubs, we have plenty of different sizes
- Soweto bicycle tours with bungee jumping
- Critical mass bicycle ride through Johannesburg CBD on the last Friday night of every month.
- Camping safari to pilanesberg game reserve
- South African mobile SIM card
To book your stay with us all we need is confirmation from you in writing with your dates, no deposits required and no min stay.
For the latest photos and other news please visit our facebook page, and like us while you are there